Friday, October 16, 2015

A Few More Miles

So, I've gone a few more miles down the road. I'm down 55 pounds. Sometimes I think I should be totally skinny by now. I mean, how is it fair that I've lost this much and I'm still huge? Then I remember that life isn't fair. It's never been fair, that's not the point of life. Life is meant to be survived... if you can thrive and enjoy the journey, that's a bonus.

I had labs drawn last week. I've been on pins and needles since then. Losing 14% of my weight and eating with care and purpose (for some reason, the word mindfulness irritates the crap out of me) should make a difference. And it did!! My A1c is almost back to normal, my fasting glucose is down 23 points, and my lipid profile is awesome. For the first time in my life, I can't wait for my next doctor's appointment. I'll be walking in like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment