Monday, October 4, 2010

Last Day of My Week Off

Today is the last day of my week off. I have maintained for a week, learned some lessons about myself, and have decided to get back on the Highway. I never really got off it, just sat in a rest area for a week. Constantly paying attention to calories and exercise levels and food intake and ingredients burned me out. I have spent a week not really worrying about my food, just letting myself make choices on a day by day basis. As it turned out, I wasn't all that bad at making food decisions. I must have figured out some things along the way.

I learned things about myself, some of which I mentioned a couple of days ago. The most important thing I learned is that my goal is important, not just in a karmic, cosmic way, but in a lifestyle-governing way. One of my most recent realizations was that my immediate goal was simply to fit into all of my clothes. Some things had been getting tight on me, and I wanted to be able to wear the things in my closet. So, by losing the first fifty-odd pounds, I accomplished that goal. If that were as far as I wanted to go, I could stop right now. 

I won't stop. I want to go much, much farther. I still want to sail and kayak and run and jump and play. So, more weight needs to come off. I will take the risk of wanting to stop again, but I still intend to make my next goal a loss of 100 lbs. I have 44 lbs to go in order to make that goal. Why does it seem more difficult than the first 56 lbs? That is something I can ponder when I go for a walk tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Time to think is always amazing! Glad you got things figured out! Those 44 pounds will not hold you back! You are so amazing!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete