Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thoughts for the Day

I feel like I've been spouting out cliches and platitudes lately. Too much "do as I say, don't do what I do". It makes me feel a bit like a fraud. I'm finally, FINALLY, getting back on the "rapid weight loss track." I say rapid, but I really mean 2-3 pounds a week and not 2-3 pounds a month. I've been lagging and listing and lounging lately... lol.. I love alliteration.

Having painful joints has slowed me down for the past few weeks. I am trying to get going again, but it's very hard to overcome inertia! It is good to be home with no disruptions on the horizon... planned ones, anyway. I think I am really starting to settle back into a routine.

Routine is the biggest key to my success. I think establishing a routine and then sticking to it offers structure. When we leave things to fate, we set ourselves up to make less than ideal decisions. If we plan things in advance, we're much more likely to stay on track. It's all about working toward a goal. And yes, it's work. If it were easy, everyone would be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment