Friday, August 27, 2010

Busy Days and Super Heroes

I had a very busy day today. After setting two alarms and managing to get up before the second one started jangling, I was off and running. Literally! I managed to run in the pool for a whole 45 minutes before I had to leave for work. Work went by in a bit of a blur. Then I spent a fun evening with a friend. I hadn't seen this person in some time and decided to tell her all about my weight loss adventure. She told me she wanted to have me around for as long as possible and my being healthy made that more likely. Why do so many people think I'm one step away from the big box? I tell you... it ticks me off. The bottom line, though, is that my friend's heart was in the right place, and that's what truly matters.

One final thought before I call it a day... It occurred to me at one point during my running in the pool this morning... Perhaps I could use my fat pants to make a super hero cape.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. That's a great idea for a cape! I know what you mean about everyone's obsession with your health. I think it's a knee-jerk thing to say. It sounds more PC than just telling us, "Oh, yeah. Good thing your dieting, 'cause you really are fat and it's not very attractive."

    ReplyDelete