- 2 - 2 1/2 cups of vegetables, meat, shredded cheese, etc (if anything needs to be cooked, saute it and let it cool a bit before mixing with the cheese)
- lightly beat 4 egg whites and 2 eggs until blended (substitute any combination of eggs, egg whites, egg substitute)
- combine all ingredients and mix until wet
- add additional egg as needed to make a nicely moist mixture
- add pepper, seasonings as desired
- pour mixture into an 8 inch baking pan sprayed lightly (I use a silicone cake pan... no spray, no stick, no mess, easy clean... but a pie pan would work just as well)
- bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes (if eggs haven't set, cook a bit longer)
- cut into four quarters and serve (serves 4)
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Almost End of the Month Updates
I am reporting in on the "eat more, lose more" experiment. So far, it's working. I am stuffing myself all day long and am still dropping pounds like butter melting on a hot day. The 2000 cal/day goal is often elusive, but I usually manage to get up to at least 1800 cal/day. With so many miles left to travel on Highway 150, I want to make sure I have plenty of wiggle room. Getting stuck in a plateau at 1200 calories would have been hideous!
We are nearing the end of summer here in FL. If all goes well, we will be able to open the windows in a few weeks! This is a wonderful time of year. In honor of our upcoming good weather I have been doing the fall cleaning. Today I sorted through my box of "small clothes". I'm proud to say that I found a few more shirts to add to my closet as well as a pair of jeans and two jackets. I can't believe I actually fit into these things. The thing that shocked me the most was that I could put on a men's XL t-shirt. It was too tight to wear in public, but I could put it on. That was an amazing moment. I am so glad I saved my favorite t-shirts! I hope I will be able to wear them before too long.
Here is my favorite egg recipe. It works for any meal, re-heats nicely, and can be eaten plain or as a sandwich. It's also completely customizable to fit your tastes. My frittata: