Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What a Day

Today was definitely a day of highs and lows.

I wanted to eat my way through the day, but I didn't. I wanted to eat pizza and ice cream, but I didn't. Somehow I managed to get all the way through the day without eating anything I really didn't want to eat. I consider that a major win. 

I also managed to get in a one hour pool run! It's about ten miles from my house to "my pool" so that makes it a little inconvenient, but definitely doable. When I tried to leave, I dropped my keys INSIDE the car and could not find them. How ridiculous is that? It is very dark here at night, and flashlights were not much help. I ended up using my spare house key and borrowing a car to get home. Ridiculous. 

The brightest side to this day is that I finally told my sister about my weight loss initiative! She is very excited. She is especially appreciative about keeping it a secret from our brothers. That will be a source of great amusement for us!

The other high note from this travesty of a day is that I will be able to have another run in the pool tomorrow when I bring back the borrowed car. That's my rainbow, my silver lining.

As I've said before, it's all good. And, it beats the alternative. Every day is a gift, and I intend to find something good in each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment