Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Planets Must Be Aligned

Not only is this the occasion of my 50th post, but it is also the day that I achieved my first major milestone. Fifty pounds of blubber, gone forever. I feel a speech coming on...

Forget the speech. I am just going to run down some of the things I have noticed and some of my recent realizations. In no particular order of goodness or badness, here are my observations:

  • My favorite bracelet is way too big. I need to resize it before I also lose it forever.
  • I had to tighten my watch band by one notch.
  • I am still increasing my calories to where they need to be, and it's still difficult.
  • My resting heart rate is down to 58. And that's after two cups of coffee.
  • One of my co-workers finally asked me how much weight I have lost. Being able to say the words "fifty pounds" was so uplifting I couldn't stop grinning.
  • I realized this morning that I am able to jog in place. For real. On land. It's a miracle.
  • In spite of my constant struggle to eat enough, my relationship with food is better now than ever.
  • I am losing weight too quickly, and I am trying to slow down. I never thought this was possible.
  • I can actually see the lines of muscles in my legs. 
  • I scratched my elbow and realized my arm muscles are also gaining definition.
  • My body is shrinking faster than my bat wings. This is very frustrating.
  • The fat on my arm is beginning to sag and droop to my elbows. This is very bad. Please stop. Right now.
  • The once tiny chairs all around me are beginning to seem a bit spacious.
  • There are at least as many days in the last month that I have chosen to exercise instead of take a nap. In the past, the nap would have won every time.
  • I realize now that there is no way I could have gotten this far without so much support and encouragement.
  • At the risk of calling cosmic attention to myself, I would like to note that there is nothing that will stop me from achieving my goal.
  • In another week, my weight will never again begin with a "3".
  • I am still reluctant to go shopping for clothes. 
  • A year from now I will be wearing cute little clothes from regular stores. I might even wear some with fashionable brand names! The mind boggles.
  • When my oldest brother sees me next spring, he is going to cry. It will be a great moment for all of us.
  • I have begun planning an international vacation for next fall.
  • I can actually envision the day when my weight is described as "normal".
  • When our winter events begin at work, I will finally be able to wear my official company logo casual shirt.
  • In spite of all my progress, I am still fat. Yes, there is much work to be done, but I am already a quarter of the way there.

7 comments:

  1. This was the first post I read this morning, before I've even had my... gasp... coffee. It was wonderful! You have me grinning from ear to ear, I'm so happy for you!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posts like this are what makes it possible for me to keep plowing through all the mind muddles that try to knock me off track.

    Congrats on your success so far, you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! This journey has been worth every single minute. That's a good thing, because there are going to be many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you!! 50 pounds is a huge milestone! You are doing so well!

    I nominated you for a blog award! Stop by my blog to pick it up! http://bmittler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey.
    congradualations!!! you can finally look in the mirror and see who you really feel inside to finally reflect outside. I hardly know you but im so happy for you! :)
    Please keep it up!
    Rainfall.(pt)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited for you and even more excited for that international vacation...I can't wait to hug less of you!

    ReplyDelete