- I'm reading three books on health and nutrition... One blames sugar, one blames fat, and one purports to tell me how to develop a healthy relationship with food. I will share via a book report.
- I have come to the realization that like to exercise... but only in the pool. I need to get over this idiosyncrasy sometime before winter. It will get too cold to swim, at least for a month or two.
- One should be careful when adding a new type of fiber into one's daily caloric adventures. Such switches are also best saved for non-work days.
- Being told that my abundant fat cells will shrink, but never go away, makes me very very cranky and also makes me want to start saving for liposuction.
- I no longer crave ice cream. Ever. I even gave myself permission to get a cup of it at the grocery store yesterday. I passed on it. I stood and drooled in front of the Doritos, but passed on them as well. I never have permission to buy chips.
- Being stuck on a weigh loss plateau no longer makes me go insane like it used to... I'm getting very zen about the whole issue. I mean, I don't eat enough to actually gain fat. Therefore, there isn't much to worry about. Besides, I have muscles. That has to count for something.
- I work in a really great place. I couldn't ask for more supportive co-workers. When someone has a crisis or a problem, everyone pitches in to lend a hand. It is quite amazing.
- I absolutely love all of my readers and followers and comment-leavers and supporters. You make this a most enjoyable journey. Someday I will figure out how to properly reward all of you for your patience with me!
- I believe that anyone who puts their mind to it can lose weight, gain muscle, and find fitness.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Today I have a bunch of random thoughts to share... in no particular order...